The HP printers are known for their pro printing technology along with the development of other jobs like scanning, copying, and even fax. Moreover, your HP printer is a multifaceted device, ideal for use in home, office, institutions, and businesses.
Despite these many abilities and eminence, the HP printer may get down with the faults and abnormalities in its performance. Many factors are responsible for the unusual conduct of your otherwise full-fledged HP printer.
This article discusses the causes and fixing techniques for the “HP Printer Not Printing Color” issue.
The chief reasons behind the “HP Printer Not Printing Color” issue include-
- The printhead is not working well.
- Color printing setting is not enabled by the user.
- Your ink cartridge running short of ink.
How to fix it
The above-mentioned HP printer error may be resolved manually using the following methods:
Method 1: Clean the HP printer printhead
You need to first clean the printhead using the steps given below:
- On your Start menu, go to Control Panel and then to Drivers and Printers.
- Now on the next page, right-click on the printing system icon and go to the properties.
- A Properties window opens up on your screen. There click on Hardware option and then on Clean Ink on the following window.
- Follow on screen instructions to proceed with the printhead cleaning, and check subsequently.
Method 2: Enable printer color command to fix the issue
Check the default command followed by your HP printer. If you see the color option disabled, enable it to resolve the issue to make it work efficiently.
You can do this using the steps given below:
- Go to Start and then to Settings.
- In the Settings menu, click on Printers.
- Right-click on the printing system icon and go to its Properties.
- On the Properties window, click on Printing Preferences.
- Then, go to the Paper/Quality tab and click on the Color option. Then, click on OK and exit the page.
- Now, attempt a test print to receive the colored output of your choice.
- You can also check for the Greyscale printing option in Printing Preferences to overcome the issue.
Method 3: Check and replace the ink cartridge
The ink cartridge out of ink is the most common reason for the “HP Printer Not Printing Color” issue. You can consider checking and thereby replacing the ink cartridge to overcome the issue. To do so, you can try the steps given below:
- Open the HP printer front cover and look for the ink in the cartridge. If the ink is about to finish, replace the cartridge, then and there.
- If there is an adequate amount of ink in the cartridge, yet your printer is not printing, then you need to check the expiry date of your HP printer’s ink.
- If the expiry date of your ink cartridge has passed, consider installing a new cartridge.