Despite the familiarity, Popularity, and great performance, your HP printer may run down with errors, disrupting your printing experience. One such error interrupting your day-to-day print jobs is HP printer print jobs stuck in the print queue. In this case, your print command seems stuck in the queue unresponsively, neither canceling nor proceeding with the printing of your document. This issue occurs due to the inability of your HP printer to communicate with your PC
If you ever come across such uninvited trouble, remember, it’s not only you but many other HP users who have already reported the same issue and calmly worked out to get over it. You can also try working out the issue on your own using some simple techniques mentioned below.
Troubleshooting HP Printer Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue
To get over HP printer print jobs stuck in print queue, you can take the steps mentioned below:
To diagnose your pc, you need to install HP Print and Scan Doctor on your PC. These apps automatically scan your PC for issues and fix the issues related to the printer device or connection error. All you need to do is follow the onscreen instructions to solve issues on your PC. Once used the app, you need to perform a test print to ensure the errors got fixed and the printer is now working properly.
If this method doesn’t get the printer back to work, you can try using the next method to get over HP printer print jobs stuck in print queue issue.
Restart printing setup
If you see your print job stuck, try to delete or cancel the process to postpone it until the printer begins to work properly. You can do this using the given steps:
- Turn off your HP printer and unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
- Now, click on the Windows button and search to launch services.
- Now, go to the Print Spooler option, right-click on it and select Stop.
- Then, close the services once you get the Print Spooler stopped.
- Now, go to your Windows Explorer and open C: Windows\System32\spool\printers.
- The Printers folder will have a few files in it. Delete all the files.
- Next, shut down your PC, removing the power cord.
- After waiting for a few minutes, plug in the power cord back.
- Plug your HP printer power cord back in the power outlet and turn your printer on.
- Now, turn your PC on and perform a test print to check if the printer began to work.
If the printer is still not working, you can consider the next method to get your print job done with your HP printer.
Replace HP printer driver
- Go to the official HP website and enter your HP printer model in the required space.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to download and install the latest printer driver.
- Now, restart your PC and perform test printing to check if the printer began to work.
If the issue persists, follow the next method.
Since the printer print jobs stuck in print queue issue is a possible consequence of the communication error, troubleshooting the connectivity is the best technique to resolve the error.
Therefore, consider checking all the wired and wireless connections of your printer carefully or simply reestablish the connection for smoother connectivity.